If you are noticing your roof has more and more leaks or you just simply want a new look for your home, it’s best to work with a professional roofing contractor. A professional roofer contractor has all the skills, tools, and materials available to ensure that your roof is installed properly. A proper installation will ensure you get the full life out of your roof. However, a quick google search “roofers” will pull a lot of results and it can be difficult to know which contractor is the best option for you. Here are some tips for choosing the right roofing contractor.
Make Sure They Have The Basics
Roofers are highly trained professionals, so any good roofing company will have the following:
- Insurance: Roofing contractors carry insurance because roofing is a dangerous job. A good roofing company will have both liability insurance and workers compensation insurance. Liability insurance will protect you from any damage that might happen, while workers compensation will protect their staff in case they get injured on the job. Always ask your roofing company about their insurance policy.
- Credentials: Roofers are professionals and have a variety of different credentials from licenses to certifications. Make sure to ask for the credentials before hiring any roofing company.
- Service Guarantee: Roofers will provide warranties on both the installation and the materials used. Before hiring a roofing company, ask them what they do if there are any issues with the installation or defective products. Good roofing contractors have a service warranty.
These are just the basics, there are some other things that can help you make a decision on which roofing contractor to hire.
Other Things To Ask For
When speaking with a roofing contractor, you also want to make sure that you hire one with a good reputation. Make sure to also ask about the following:
- Experience: What is their experience? How long have they been in business? What is the experience of their team? Have they ever installed a roof on a house like yours? What is their experience with the roofing material? Asking these questions can help you make sure you pick the most qualified roofer for the job.
- References: Any good business will have testimonials, reviews, and references. Do a little reading online to make sure that they have a good reputation. You can also ask the roofing company for references to check before hiring them.
You should also make sure to ask for any advice or recommendations for your unique home.
Taking the time to do a little research into your roofing company is a great way to ensure that you hire the best. The team will be happy to accommodate. We are insured, credentialed, and have a service guarantee. We’ll also be happy to provide any information like references to help make your decision easier. If you are looking to hire a roofing contractor, give us a call. In Wilkinson Roofing We’re always happy to help.